Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Slightly modified logon gui

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Slightly modified logon gui
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:15:41 +0200

> The reason why I wrapped all those fields behind a 'options' button was
> to have a cleaner, easier login dialog and keep the details accessible
> only for those who really care. I don't believe that normal users will
> change these options that often. If at all, there will probably
> something like a) work database b) backup c) local DB d) ???. I would
> suggest presenting just one field to chose from and not two independent
> parameters that can be combined at will. The user would then choose one
> setting whose details might be set either by the admin
The details of which could easily be stored in the local
config file. The dialog would then be:

profile:
user:
password:

where profile encompasses server, port, and database which
would look thusly in the config file:

[profile Normal]
server = slony-I-master.intra.net
port = 5432
database = gnumed

[profile Backup]
server = slony-I-slave1.intra.net
port = 5433     # for avoiding accidents
database = gnumed

[profile local]
server = localhost
port = 5432
database = gnumed-devel

Further profiles could be "public-hherb", "public-anubis".

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346