[gnugo-devel] Twinbot

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Twinbot
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 13:35:26 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, alain Baeckeroot wrote:

> Le Mercredi 1 Février 2006 11:47, Arend Bayer a écrit :
> > Btw, I would certainly be curious to see the changes you made!
> In attachement you find the first draft of this patch, against 3.7.4 which
> corrspond to the twinbot running on kgs.
>
> It is a working draft with a lot of comment for _me_ . It is also my first C
> program, so please be tolerant ;)

I also learnt C while hacking GNU Go...

> I'm working on a much cleaner version , better order, less uglyness ....
>
> The only idea is:
> - examine position
> - find top10 W
> - find top10 B
> add a bonus if top moves are close, and we are in chuban or yose
>
> This patch is good if games_status > 0.7 or for finding some kind of big
> moves
> in chuban.

Interesting. If you think it is very beneficial in the endgame, you should
try running endgame contests against plain GNU Go. (twogtp.pike and
twogtp.py in interfaces/gtp_examples can do that.) That should give quite
a clear picture how much of an improvement it is.

Arend