Re: [gnugo-devel] kgs tournament

From: alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] kgs tournament
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 23:23:55 +0100

Le Mercredi 1 Février 2006 11:47, Arend Bayer a écrit :

> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, alain Baeckeroot wrote:
>
> > I would like to play kgs computer tournament with my "twinbot".
> > I hope it can play in "formal division" , but i m not sure i can.
> >
> > It is 99,9% gnugo, with some changes in move generation/evaluation so it
> > changes between 10-30% of all the genmoves. (taking opponenent best move
into
> > account)
> >
> > Is this enough to enter "formal" division ?
> > Do i need an agreement from you ?
>
> According to the rules by Nick Wedd, only one GNU Go-bot can enter the
> tournament. What I would suggest to do is that Gunnar can enter an
"official"
> bot in the formal division, and you can enter your bot in the open division.

Yes that will be nice , my twinbot will play in open division

> Btw, I would certainly be curious to see the changes you made!
In attachement you find the first draft of this patch, against 3.7.4 which
corrspond to the twinbot running on kgs.

It is a working draft with a lot of comment for _me_ . It is also my first C
program, so please be tolerant ;)
I'm working on a much cleaner version , better order, less uglyness ....

The only idea is:
- examine position
- find top10 W
- find top10 B
add a bonus if top moves are close, and we are in chuban or yose

This patch is good if games_status > 0.7 or for finding some kind of big moves
in chuban.

This breaks a lot of regression tests but roughtly seems as good/bad as gnugo.
I ll redo regression test with the new version, synced to 3.7.8 soon :)

Any comment/correction/explaination/fix is welcome.
Alain