Re: [gnugo-devel] Bad game

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Bad game
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 08:40:23 -0800

> > > GNU Go (3.7.1 from CVS) just played an exceptionally bad game against
> > > me. 9x9 game, 2 stones handicap. I will analyze it further later this
> > > weekend, but I wanted to show it anyway.
> > >
> > > The comments here are my own, so take with a grain of salt, I am only
> > > 5kyu.
> >
> > Is this Schokobot?
>
> I believe Heikki played with a local GNU Go, because his SGF file was
> created with Quarry.  You cannot connect to any servers with Quarry
> (yet), only play locally via GTP.

Sorry, I somehow got the idea this game was played on KGS ...
obviously it wasn't.

I don't understand how B resigned since the boardsize is not 19x19.

This game does contain some pretty bad moves.

> B 8: B5
> feels a bit funny. I would consider E4 or D6

Black 8 looks OK to me. Even though there is a stone at D5
W cannot cut. (W:B4 would be answered by B:C5, not C4.)
After that, if W cuts at F5 B can give up one stone and
win on territory with two live groups.

10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 22 all look like bad moves. Maybe the
semeai code is at fault. I guess 16 is worth looking at first.

Dan