Re: [gnugo-devel] dynamic connection status?

From: Tristan Cazenave
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] dynamic connection status?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:06:39 +0100

> This notwithstanding, I don't mind if people start doing experiments
> with things that can be done on a small scale. But I still think it's
> more constructive to improve the connection reader itself at this
> time. Unfortunately I don't know how to proceed within Tristan's
> design, so unless he adds some input soon I'll try an alternative
> approach.
>
> If people want to help with this without getting involved in the code
> it would be very valuable with additions to the test suite. In
> particular systematic tests of standard connection tesujis would be
> helpful, similar to the monkey jumps with variations in
> connection:34-47.

I have finally found how to handle monkey jumps and the two space
connection on the third line, I will start porting it to gnugo
next monday.

Another thing is to treat the case when one of two strings can be
captured such as in pb 35, splitting the search in two independent
capture search (otherwise, for each move in the working ladder, the
other failing ladder can be reread completely...).

I also plan to rewrite simple_ladder so as to be more reliable and
treat more cases.

I think the main design problem now is the handling of transitivity,
that is the next thing to work on after the three above things
are done.

I'd also like to know your views about the design of the connection
reader. It will surely help me improve my design.

And thank you to trevor for its html views, they are very useful.

cheers,

Tristan.