Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch moves to GPL v3 or later

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU Arch moves to GPL v3 or later
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 11:02:51 +0200 (CEST)

    > Free software is about freedom.  If it was about cooperation, and
    > respecting others' goals, then we would be using a all permissive
    > license like the Modified BSD license.

   Free software is pointless if it is not distributed and modified by
   others.  I call that "cooperation".

I suppose all my own modifications are pointless...  They are not
distributed or modified by others.  And all those companies that do
inhouse development of free software.

If it was pointless to not distribute and modify free software, then
then we would have had a explicit rule that would state that one must
make all free software public.  We don't, and never will, since
privacy is important.