[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Generating *context* diffs out of changesets

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Generating *context* diffs out of changesets
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:00:44 +0200

Emilio Lopes <address@hidden> writes:

> Then I have another Arch project, branched from the first one, where I do
> make my changes.

But as I understand it, you work on several features in paralel, and
you want to cherrypick some changes to send them to upstream.

Another solution would be to work on one branch per feature, and to
have an integration branch for your own needs.

> But even them I'll get an unified diff, instead of the context diff the
> maintainers of the project want.

Strange requirement ... However:

baz library-add $rev1
baz library-add $rev2
diff -c -r `baz library-find $rev1` `baz library-find $rev2`

should do it.

[ By the way, it would be nice if commands like "delta", "changes"
  could support the most common diff options like -c ]

--
Matthieu