[Gnu-arch-users] those pesty .#blah emacs symlinks

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] those pesty .#blah emacs symlinks
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:44:46 -0500

Some of my developers are complaining about always having to
remove .#blah emacs symlink droppings so they can commit.

I don't mind a solution from either end here:  how do you stop
emacs from creating those, or, alternatively, can we have an
option for turning off that check?

We already have the file pattern in the precious category, so I'm
not sure what business it is of arch's that precious file
symlinks are valid or not.  I'd prefer that this check was only
performed on files matching the source pattern, since you might
care in that case.  In either case, you ought to be able to turn
off the check altogether, IMO.

Bob