Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Changes consulting project tree to construct revisi

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Changes consulting project tree to construct revision
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:46:37 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>

    > tla changes acts somewhat oddly when passed a package-version.  Unlike
    > most commands, it uses the latest log in the tree to determine the
    > patchlevel.  This is documented behaviour, I just don't see much value
    > in it.

    > Other commands (like get, update) use the archive, not the tree to
    > determine the patchlevel, when given a package-version.

    > I propose to change this so that when changes is passed no parameters,
    > it uses the project tree revision.  When passed a revision, it uses
    > that.  When passed a package-version parameter, it uses the archive to
    > determine the revision.

    > Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

I'm pretty sure I do.

A parameter to `changes' overrides the default behavior which is to
use the default tree package-version and the latest log entry in that.

Both behaviors are desirable, of course -- and I agree the
inconsistency with `get' et al. is thought provoking.

But your proposed change preserves only one of the two behaviors.