[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Changes consulting project tree to construct revisi

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Changes consulting project tree to construct revision
Date: 30 Apr 2004 17:47:16 -0400

> Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

I do.  I have a branch off of emacs--cvs-trunk--0 with my local
not-yet-installed-in-cvs-trunk changes.  I constantly use

  tla changes address@hidden/emacs--cvs-trunk--0

to see the changes on the branch, without having to worry about
some new changes on cvs-trunk since I last merged.

Using a CVS-ish terminology, I suggest we use emacs--cvs-trunk--0--BASE
to refer to the revision currently used by `tla changes' and
emacs--cvs-trunk--0--HEAD to refer to the archive's latest revision on
the branch.  Both can be useful at different times.

        Stefan