[Gnu-arch-users] Changes consulting project tree to construct revision

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Changes consulting project tree to construct revision
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:16:16 -0400

tla changes acts somewhat oddly when passed a package-version. Unlike most commands, it uses the latest log in the tree to determine the patchlevel. This is documented behaviour, I just don't see much value in it.

Other commands (like get, update) use the archive, not the tree to determine the patchlevel, when given a package-version.

I propose to change this so that when changes is passed no parameters, it uses the project tree revision. When passed a revision, it uses that. When passed a package-version parameter, it uses the archive to determine the revision.

Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley