[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Mixing star-merge and selective replay

From: Julian T. J. Midgley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Mixing star-merge and selective replay
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:55:48 +0000 (UTC)

In article <address@hidden>,
Aaron Bentley  <address@hidden> wrote:

>tla sync-tree proj--foo--0.1--patch-20 will add just the patchlog, so
>star-merge and replay --skip-present will never apply the patch.  The
>effect is as if you replayed proj--foo--0.1--patch-20, then manually
>reversed all its changes.

When I try this (using sync-tree to make the bar tree think it has
patch-20 without actually applying the changes), and then commit one
or more additional patches on the bar tree, a subsequent star merge
back to foo seems to cause patch-20 to be reversed in the foo tree as
well (i.e. 'tla star-merge -t proj--bar--0.1' issued inside the foo
tree, backs out patch-20).

It is not obvious from the output of the star-merge command why it is
being backed out. Without the sync-tree, one of the changes reported
by star-merge was "D [....] patch-20"; with it, patch-20 isn't
mentioned, but the actual change contained within it is still removed
from the source file concerned.  Any thoughts?

Julian
--
Julian T. J. Midgley                       http://www.xenoclast.org/
Cambridge, England.