Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Mixing star-merge and selective replay

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Mixing star-merge and selective replay
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>

    > Neil Stevens wrote:

    > > Won't that sync-tree command also add patchlogs for base-0 through
    > > patch-19, too?

    > Yes.  I didn't express that well.  Before using sync-tree, you should
    > merge anything up to and including patch-19.  AFAIK, there's no easy way
    > to add a single patch-log.  Which is a pity.

If you want to dig around in the boiler room:

There's many reasons why apply_changeset should sometimes _not_ do
anything under the patch log.

There but for for a s/!/foo == / goes a modification to changeset
application that would allow either ignoring or doing only patch-log
changes.  From there, it can be floated to various CLIs of which "add
patch log" would be a trivial example.