Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Old Mailinglist archive, anyone?

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:43:53 +0200

On Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 4:24:53 AM,
    James Blackwell <address@hidden> wrote:

> In lists.arch.users, Tobias wrote:
>
> > I think it would be a real pity if the information in the old archive
> > got lost over time, so I want to ask for a solution we all and
> > possible successors would benefit from. So has anyone got a decent
> > version handy he could put online so that others could make a browsable
> > version out of it (jblackwell, willing to host it on sc?)
> >

> [...] I'm of course more than willing to host anything that helps
> arch development. But there might be superior alternatives available.
> For example, have you considered contacting the gmame owners to
> see if there if the possibility exists for injecting old posts?

Duh. :-) Entirely forgot there's gmane which seems to go back to Oct
2002. ersonally suffices for me, but for the case that anyone has got
an archive reaching beyond that date, there's the possibility to import
mailboxes (which, howsoever, may mean a little annoyance for those who
are subscribed via gmane).

PS: The phrase in my .sig is old greek and means "The one who knows
    useful things, not the one who knows much, is wise".

-- tcr (address@hidden)  ``Ho chresim'eidos uch ho poll'eidos sophos''