Re: [Gnu-arch-users] my status

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] my status
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:50:12 -0800 (PST)

    > From: "Parker, Ron" <address@hidden>

    > > From: Tom Lord [mailto:address@hidden

    > > It's even just down the street from my favorite microbrewery :-)

    > Uh, oh.  That could be a huge productivity sink.  :-)

    > Oh wait, he said microbrewery.  They only serve little beers; arch is
safe.

It's not micro- in that sense.  The beers are honest pints but it's a
very small brewery.  Very small.  You can't really even fit inside the
place -- you can just sort of stick you head and arm in.  They only
have room for one glass and so they have to shut down between
customers to wash it.  Consequently there's usually a very long line
just to get in and you aren't allowed to stay long.  The nice part is
that, being so small, they can clean the place just by picking it up
and shaking out the dust.   The bad part is someone stepped on it by
accident last year and shut them down for a week for reconstruction.

There's a micro-bakery next door where you can get a muffin.   No, I
mean that literally.   You can get _a_ muffin -- at least if you
happen to be first in line.

They bought the town subway system at a hobby store.

Overall, the new location has a definate "small town" feel to it.
Very intimate.

    > Seriously Tom, I hope the move goes well for you and feel some
    > relief in the new place.  My wife and I moved from a rather
    > large home into a manageable apartment at the end of last year
    > and it has been a wonderful thing for us.

Thank you and thanks to all the other people who have offered
congratulations and other warm sentiments.