[Gnu-arch-users] using star instead of gnu tar

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] using star instead of gnu tar
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:07:49 +0100

Hi,

Having briefly looked over the star sources I get the impression that
they are far easier to manage than gnu tar sources.

Has anyone tried star in gnu tar compatible mode for tla? If so, what
are your experiences? If not, should I expect any problems (I don't
currently).

I am planning to port star to hackerlab for use with windows instead of
porting gnu tar, it seems far easier.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/