Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Front page to wiki now modifiable again

From: Adrien Beau
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Front page to wiki now modifiable again
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:34:01 +0100

On Monday 22 March 2004 02:20, James Blackwell wrote:

> You need to get a signed document from everybody that has ever
> contributed to the wiki that approves a license change from "gpl v2" to
> "gpl v2 or later". This is a required legal step in the United States,
> where the wiki is hosted. Anything less than that is really just an
> exercise in trolling.

For one month, everybody has contributed to the wiki under the v2+
licence. *I* have always contributed to the wiki under the v2+
licence. Many others have, too (I think all the pages translated
to French were done in the past month.) You're lucky I don't care
about the licence "change".

You should really look into putting the licence on a separate,
read-only page, use the 'page_license_enabled' and
'page_license_page' options, and put a link to the licence page
on the front page. Then you have a editable front page and an
immutable licence.

--
address@hidden - http://adrien.beau.free.fr/