Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch/subversion comparison question

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch/subversion comparison question
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:16:00 -0800

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 12:46:32PM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:

> I regard the renaming issue as an example of feedback between tools
> and decisions.   I know it works well in arch so I rename stuff far
> more frequently than I would if arch couldn't hack it.

I've noticed that in arch-only projects, I tend to rename files, move
them to other directories, and whatnot, whenever it seems appropriate.

For work projects, where it is a complete pain (Perforce), I'm much more
reluctant to rename things, even though I track my branches with arch, I
know I'll have to eventually merge it into something that isn't nearly
as fond of the renames.

Dave