Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch/subversion comparison question

From: Florian Weimer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch/subversion comparison question
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:27:02 +0100

Neal D. Becker wrote:

> I was reading subversion doc, and one thing really caught my attention.  It
> says that svn doesn't keep track of which patches are already applied, and
> applying a patch more than once would cause problems.
>
> I believe arch doesn't suffer from this defect?  Is this correct?

Partly, yes.  The most simple case, repeated merging only in one
direction, is solved completely.  The general case is very hard, and
even arch cannot handle it completely without human intervention.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, freenet.de, hotmail.com,