Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla import can't acquire the lock

From: Sylvain Defresne
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla import can't acquire the lock
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:20:37 +0100

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 02:32, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Here is a sample session:
>
> ~/etc-1% tla make-archive address@hidden ~/tmp/arch-foo
> ~/etc-0% rm -rf \{arch\}
> ~/etc-0% tla init-tree address@hidden/foo--bar--0

It seems to mis the archive-setup step here ... Something like:
~/etc-0% tla archive-setup -A address@hidden foo--bar--0

> ~/etc-0% tla import -L ''
> arch_import: unable to acquire revision lock (could not rename file.)
>     tree: /Users/monnier/etc
>     revision: address@hidden/foo--bar--0--base-0
> ~/etc-2%
>
> when I try it over sftp I get a slightly different error message where
> (could not rename file.) is replaced by
> (internal error in archive-pfs.c(pfs_lock_revision))

When doing 'make-archive', tla create the archive without any revision,
and when doing the 'init-tree' it add the {arch} directory with
information about which archive data must be commited, but it does not
create the associated category/branch/version structure in the archive.

But the error message may need some reworking to be more understandable.
--
Sylvain Defresne                               <address@hidden>
1024D/A036DDB1 6AB9 B65F 7C44 819F DD42  62D2 A093 2840 A036 DDB1