Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla import can't acquire the lock

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla import can't acquire the lock
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:52:56 -0500

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 08:32:09PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> ~/etc-0% tla init-tree address@hidden/foo--bar--0
> ~/etc-0% tla import -L ''
> arch_import: unable to acquire revision lock (could not rename file.)

Yes, the error message sucks bigtime, but: use the -S option with import

[I think there was an argument on the mailing list a long time ago to make
this option the default, but Tom didn't want to, I forget why... or maybe
that was just `tla tag -S' ... Hmmm, why not make it the default for import?
If the user has pre-specified the name with `init-tree', there seems little
danger of a finger slip causing a bogus import, which I think was the
Tom's argument with tag... ramblin' ramblin' ramblin'...]

-Miles
--
In New York, most people don't have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you
have to take the subway to their house.  And sometimes on the way, the train