Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Renaming some tla commands (user interface)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Renaming some tla commands (user interface)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 03:26:32 -0500

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 09:38:24AM +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> Anyway, as I said to Miles; if you really feel the need to move the file
> and tag separately, just move the tag using `mv'. I see no need for tla
> to support such a special case. (Or move the file back to its previous
> location and use `tla mv' instead.)

You are making the mistake of thinking that everybody works like you do.

move-id is not a `special case' it's simply a lower-level command than
`tla mv'.  I have no idea why you're so hot to remove it; as I've been
saying, the solution to the `move looks like mv' "problem" is stunningly
obvious: get rid of the `move' alias as keep move-id.

[Incidentally, I almost never use `tla move-id' directly, I use
tla-update-ids which calls `tla move-id' (and add-id/delete-id) as
appropriate for any explicit id who's file has moved.]

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that