Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Renaming some tla commands (user interface)

From: Stig Brautaset
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Renaming some tla commands (user interface)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:38:24 +0000

On Mar 10 2004, Tom wrote:

>     > From: Stig Brautaset <address@hidden>
>
>     > > Comments?  Sound okay?
>
>     > Sounds very good to _me_, but I'm no authority here... :)
>
> Gang, I think miles is basically right here.
>
> There are times when you are moving files by some means and then later
> want the explicit tags to catch up.   That's what the -id forms are
> good for.

Then move-id should be fixed. Currently, `tla move foo bar/' don't do
what you'd expect. You have to use `tla move foo bar/foo' to accomplish
that. That's what I mean when I say it's broken.

Anyway, as I said to Miles; if you really feel the need to move the file
and tag separately, just move the tag using `mv'. I see no need for tla
to support such a special case. (Or move the file back to its previous
location and use `tla mv' instead.)

Stig

--
brautaset.org