[Gnu-arch-users] Re: GNU Arch review - am I accurate?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: GNU Arch review - am I accurate?
Date: 12 Mar 2004 10:14:17 +0900

Jan Hudec <address@hidden> writes:
> > ^ this was the old Unix pipe symbol before |, but almost no
> >   system accepts that as a pipe anymore.
>
> Obviously, it's not just execution (start of first word), but start of
> any word. It however is a GLOBBING CHAR for zsh.

I don't like ^ either (I've had bad experiences in the past with it),
but tell me:  Is there anything that's _not_ a globbing char for zsh?

Yes, that question is facetious, but you probably get my point -- zsh
has gone nuts with giving special meanings to various characters, and
in general, unless you just give up and only use `A-Z and .', you can't
really win at this game.

-Miles
--
Freedom's just another word, for nothing left to lose   --Janis Joplin