Re: gnokii --send-sms core dumps

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: gnokii --send-sms core dumps
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 00:32:29 +0100

2012/11/7 ML mail:

> So I have now the libiconv-1.13p2 OpenBSD package which gets installed in
> /usr/local (as all OpenBSD packages). Unfortunately I can't get the
> configure script take the iconv library in account, it always says:
>
> checking for iconv... no, consider installing GNU libiconv
>
> I also tried using the --with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local but same problem...
> How can I get the configure script to see libiconv?

yes using --with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local would be the right
solution, however I don't know why we esplicitely set variables for
the other BSD's, so maybe we should add OpenBSD too

in configure.in (at line 88 in my copy) try replacing FreeBSD with the
output of uname -s on your system in the following block

if test `uname -s` = "FreeBSD" ; then
        AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
        CPPFLAGS="$CFLAGS -I/usr/local/include"
        LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/usr/local/lib"