Re: gnokii --send-sms core dumps

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: gnokii --send-sms core dumps
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 21:27:32 +0100

2012/11/6 ML mail:

> src=0xcfbe4d04 "test sms", len=8) at gsm-encoding.c:1016
> #1  0x0207570d in gn_char_def_alphabet (string=0xcfbe4d04 "test sms") at
> gsm-encoding.c:449
> #2  0x1c010c21 in sendsms (argc=3, argv=0xcfbec134, data=0x8b19039c,
> state=0x8b190000) at gnokii-sms.c:338
> #3  0x1c003d2e in parse_options (argc=3, argv=0xcfbec134) at gnokii.c:891
> #4  0x1c0042ad in main (argc=Cannot access memory at address 0xfffffffe
> ) at gnokii.c:1234

it works for me
I'm using the git version but AFAICS the only changes in
gsm-encoding.c after gnokii 0.6.30 are in white space and comments, so
I have no idea why it fails for you

by looking at your backtrace I think that you compiled with the
following values at 0, can you check your include/config.h ?
#define HAVE_ICONV 0
#define HAVE_WCRTOMB 0
I tested with both at 1 (which is my usual case), ICONV 1 and WCRTOMB
0 and with both at 0 and it didn't segfault

you can try to install libiconv and rerun ./configure, I think that
the most tested combination and the one that I use; if it doesn't work
then you need to look at the values of the variables in the function
char_unicode_encode(), setting debug=on in the [logging] section of
the config file could give some clues, else you need to single step
the function in gdb (after disabling gcc optimizations) or add some
printf's
--
Daniele Forsi