Re: gnokii & irda problems

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: Re: gnokii & irda problems
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 20:15:41 +0100

Op za, 07-01-2006 te 11:42 +0000, schreef vittorio:

> So, I'd better focus on making the irda connection work! Now there's
> something
> you said that triggered my curiosity. I have just carefully tried under win
> xp the Nokia suite (that I had installed with the irda communication option)
> and
> 1) I see that irda is working by the icons in the panel;
> 2) the Nokia PC suite also sees the irda and the name of the cell:6610 only
> with no other specification
> BUT
> 3) no connection is possible with the cellular phone
>
> Does this in some way resemble the problem you experienced with the corrupted
> firmware?

Hello Vittorio,

corrupted firmware in my case and in other cases I have read about in
this mailing-list means that the phone won't function at all anymore. If
you try to switch it on it will switch itself off after a few seconds.
So you can't do anything with the phone anymore.

MS XP with Nokia suite works ok for me at least as far as I tried it.
(Backing up the phone, getting images from the phone and sending images
to the phone)

Hope this helps a little bit.

Aart