Re: Bluetooth address translation

From: Dimitris Stasinopoulos
Subject: Re: Bluetooth address translation
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:44:21 +0300

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 13:14, Pawel Kot wrote:

> > I see. I think I had:
> > model = 6310i
> > connection = serial
> > port = /dev/rfcomm0
> >
> > The problem is definately in the phone, since just opening the device
>
> with
>
> > a terminal emulator (eg minicom) resets the phone immediately.
>
> No wonder. Gnokii tries to use the FBUS protocol and
> the phone is in the uninitialized mode. Create the rf link
> to the phone:
> # rfcomm bind /dev/rfcomm0 aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff 1
> after running hcid and sdpd. You should be able to
> connect to the phone with minicom then.
>
> p.

I had already binded the hci0 interface to rfcomm0. As soon as the
connection is initialized, the phone is reset, before it even had a
chance to show the "Connected to LinuxPC" message. LinuxPC is just the
name of the hci0 interface. Hcid is running normally.

Dimitris

--
He who shouts loudest can only hear his own voice.
Those with true knowledge listen to those with true faith.