Re: 3110 SMS rework (big patch)

From: Osma Suominen
Subject: Re: 3110 SMS rework (big patch)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:11:35 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Pawel Kot wrote:

> > My recent statmachine stuff has not yet gone into CVS but I'm still
> > continuing with my 3110 work assuming it gets accepted in one way or
> > another. (putting the new functions in gsm-statemachine.c and/or
> > renaming them is fine with me)
>
> Well, I decided that I'll put this in the statemachine code. I'm trying
> now to make the change that will cause not too few harm (ie. it doesn't
> change too many client code.

Good, I was getting a bit anxious when there was no response from you or
the other maintainers to my patch.

> You can't say 7bit is gnokii internal format. 7bit it the default format
> for PDU messages. Anyway I'm on my way to implement TEXT mode for SMS. And
> I think it is relevant for nk3110 driver.

I'm sorry for the mixu. I'm not terribly familiar with the standards.
Anyway gnokii uses PDU for its internal format, which again mandates the
7bit format for text in the default character set. (I hope I got that
one corectly) So the effect is approximately what I said.

Would you mind explaining what TEXT mode for SMS is? Or does it just
mean that an alternative encoding may be used in the gn_sms_raw struct,
not always PDU? (As I requested some time ago)

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** address@hidden *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***