Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:55:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Jan Derfinak wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Pawel Kot wrote:
>
> > Well, yes. It makes sense. My idea is a bit different at the moment. The
> > pseudo-
> > code would look like:
> > for each (memory_type) {
> >         if (supports(memory_type))
> >                 get_all_sms(memory_type)
> > }
> > This would be the way, how xgnokii/smsd works. Other way to do it is to use:
>
> Smsd need only to read Inbox. It shouldn't take care about other folders.
[...]
> Without care if sms's are in phone or on SIM. (I found that 6210 still leave
> sms's on SIM if there is space. But if you move sms to Archive it move sms
> to phone memory.)

It will make the things easier for smsd case. We just need to "learn"
nk6100 (and possibly other older) driver to interprete the IN
memory type. I don't remember at the moment how the SMS reading is done in
these drivers, but I don't think it's hard. The AT driver may be
problematic though.

For xgnokii case it would be nice to have getfolderslist functions in all
cases. AFAIK this function exists for nk7110 and nk6510 drivers. I belive
it won't be hard to add this to nk6110 (nk2110 and nk3110 probably also
not too hard, but the maintainter is still needed). The AT driver may be
problematic again.