Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 12:31:09 +0200

>>> address@hidden 2 August 2002 10:57:28 >>>
> But this is wrong. On client level is for me unimportant which phone is
> connected to smsd. Lowlevel function must detect phone and configure all
> depend stuff. We need uniform access to all phones to access common
> capabilites. And special arguments to access special capabilities for every
> phone.

Not true. The SMS handling has completly different philosophy in the newer
Nokia models. Applying the old schema would just limit its functionality.
Nokia 6210, 6310, 6510 etc hide SIM/Phone memory distinction from the user.
I don't think any sense in limiting this functionality. Anyway I write new
functions for the driver API that return supported memory types for the SMS
reading it from the bitmap. I think it may be useful for you.

> And other thing. All function names exported from gnokii's API must be
> prefixed to avoid collision with other application. For example in smsd was
> from begining function with name SendSMS. One day somebody decided to add
> function with the same name to gnokii's API. And this introduced collision
> in smsd.

Agree here. Sorry about this. I'll try to take care of this before the next
release.
Konstantinos -- it will be very important for you.

> Maybe Pawel forgot that reason why I cannot test smsd was that sms support
> don't work in gnokii for long time. And when Pawel say that sms work and I
> begin to adapt smsd I discover that sms still don't work.

When I say that sms work, it means that I successfully send and read the SMS
on some of my test phones. Although I have few phones for testing, I neither
have time do test all of them nor I have all possible models. The bug you
reported last time was fixed in a day or two.