Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Markus Plail
Subject: Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 16:31:05 +0200

Ji Jan!

* Jan Derfinak writes:
> On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Pawel Kot wrote:

> Smsd need only to read Inbox. It shouldn't take care about other
> folders.  For smsd is easiest way with functions like these:

> last = 0;
> while (1)
> {
>   status = check_folder_status ("Inbox");
>   if (status != last)
>   {
>     get_sms("Inbox", all);
>     erase_sms ("Inbox", all);
>     last = check_folder_status ("Inbox");
>   }
>   sleep (30);
> }

See my reply to Pawel. If we let 6110 driver accept GMT_IN
and make a 'fake' SMSFolderStatus, it's almost as you want it. Of couse
the driver can't take care of reading all messages. This has to be done
in th application, because the driver has no data strucuture to hold
more than one message. The only problem could be these old phones, Pawel
was talking about, with no folders but SMS stored on SIM and in phone
memory.

> Without care if sms's are in phone or on SIM. (I found that 6210 still
> leave sms's on SIM if there is space. But if you move sms to Archive
> it move sms to phone memory.)

Only In/outbox messages can be stored on SIM. 6510 series even has an
own memory type for messages saved on SIM as compared to those save in
phone memory. But 6210 has an own memory type for unread messages,
compared to read/stored/whatever messages. We have already worked
around that in order to keep the API simple.

regards
Markus