Re: 3310 dialvoice

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: Re: 3310 dialvoice
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:04:54 +0200

> > is it possible to make calls on nokia 3310?
> > i tried using xgnokii and command line gnokii --dialvoice, but
> > absolutely
> > nothing happens (expect for a few seconds delay using --dialvoice)
> > sms and logos work fine
> Try gnokii --dialvoice. Please compile gnokii with debug support, and
> send your settings and debug log to the mailing list.
I will call it ignorance. My words won't be maybe polite, but it shows
how gnokii developers have gnokii users in deep place (I will not name
this place). I say it, because this and other solutions were showed many
times by "some" people and gnokii develorers ignored them. Here are
results.

Now without advertising. IMHO, gnokii developers still try to make
Mercedes from Trabant by many faceliftings. This is how it looks IMHO.
In my Mercedes --dialvoice works fine even for 3310. But gnokii users
please remember: even when it will be moved to gnokii, there will be
many other things todo with gnokii Trabant to make it better: changing
engine, wheels, etc. Past and current  experiences show that after each
replacement this car doesn't go (SegFaults in 0.4.1). The choice is
your... I don't advertise here. But this is fact: mygnokii2 written from
stractch doesn't have such problems.

For gnokii developers: I analized 0.4.1, not earlier versions.

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (mailto:address@hidden,
http://marcin-wiacek.topnet.pl, http://marcin-wiacek.fkn.pl/)