Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Interested in developing

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Interested in developing
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 18:23:13 +0100

Op Sat, 10 Dec 2016 01:39:31 +1100
schreef "mcburnie.rhys" <address@hidden>:

> I'm a student and interested in helping develop gNewSense. I read the
> October thread about the plan for development, and would be
> interested in adding my name to the list of interested contributors.
> I don't know a lot about distro development but know C and C++
> programming and interested in learning more languages.

Welcome. We're focusing on getting Builder running for the next release
(and beyond). That's mostly (ba)sh scripting, so I hope that was on your
list of languages you wanted to learn. :) If you want to contribute to
that, get yourself familiar with Builder's source code. Once you're
comfortable with it, apply for project membership on Savannah and create
a bzr branch of the code to start hacking.