Re: [Gnewsense-dev] How to manage non free tickets

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] How to manage non free tickets
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:37:15 +0100

Op Fri, 15 Nov 2013 00:22:14 +0100
schreef Loïc Vaumerel <address@hidden>:

> 1st, sorry to be late on my reply.
> 2nd, my mistake,I missed your welcoming message. Sorry about that.
> I read the content of those pages. It seams quite clear to me.
> I will try to make a patch as soon as I have enough free time.

Cool.

> Just to be sure to understand : Quilt tool is used to generate
> patches. right ?

Right.

> Is this kind of patch can be reused for the next version of the
> package ? or do we need to produce a patch again ?

That depends on how much the package has changed in Debian. In the
ideal case, Debian or the upstream project have merged our patch and we
no longer need a patch of our own. In some cases the package is still
the same in the next version of Debian and we can keep our patch as it
is. In other cases Debian will carry a newer version and our patch
might need some tweaking.