[Gnewsense-dev] How to manage non free tickets

From: Loïc Vaumerel
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] How to manage non free tickets
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 13:09:44 +0000

Hi,

There are a lot of opened bugs regarding freedom problems with references to non free programs (in the help for example).
e.g. : #40193 libfreetype6 documentation has ambiguous reference to non-free software

I am wondering how to manage those problems.
I should be able to uncompress the DEB file, make the change, zip the DEB again, test it ...
How should I submit my changes in the repositories ?
How we manage new version of the same package ? Do we have to do the change manually to package for each version ? What happen with this package in the next gNewSense version ?

I will try to help you on those. Just tell me what to do ?

Thanks
Loïc

PS : Karl Goetz answered me that Sam Geeraerts has posted information on similar request in the development list. Unfortunatelly, I go through a few post and didn't see any info on this. If a such post already exists, please let me know which one.