Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Lemote yeeloong laptop - where my root partition is

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Lemote yeeloong laptop - where my root partition is
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:17:30 +0200

Niklas Cholmkvist schreef:

Sam Geeraerts wrote:
Maybe it's a bug in your PMON version. Try upgrading it:
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/Lemote#toc225

It says the info there is work in progress, and if I follow these
instructions incorrectly that it can break my system in some way.

If I follow these instructions incorrectly and it "breaks my system", do
I have to ship this Lemote Yeeloong netbook back to the country I bought
it from? :-?

Me, Daniel Clark and Graziano have all upgraded to PMON version 1.4.3 with those instructions. Of course, if you do it wrong it could break your system. It's probably not straightforward to get it back to a working state then. But currently your system also seems to be broken, so it might be worth the risk.

By the way, did the machine boot when you first got it?