Re: [Gnash] Re: Article: Gnash Flash player reaches milestone, not desti

From: Dâniel Fraga
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: Article: Gnash Flash player reaches milestone, not destination
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:07:02 -0300

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:37:11 +1300
"Aaron Whitehouse" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I appreciate that you are trying to inspire people by offering a set
> of tangible results (sites that do not work currently which will work
> in the future), but the people who are best placed to determine what
> should be worked on, and in what order, are probably those doing the
> work.
>
> A conditional gift is the wrong way around - development will go
> faster if the developers have more resources. Offering a prize to
> achieve certain goals may change priorities, but is unlikely to
> dramatically increase speed.

        Gnash should have at least a timeline, as gcc have:

http://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html#timeline

        This way we would know how much time we can expect to have the
feature X or Y added and we could donate with the security that it
would be done.

        If there isn't a timeline, then nobody will donate, because
nobody will be sure what the development direction is. For example, I
don't know what will be "Gnash 1.0"... will it support everything Flash
supports now or not?

        Thanks.