Re: [Gnash] Article: Gnash Flash player reaches milestone, not destinati

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Article: Gnash Flash player reaches milestone, not destination
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:50:53 -0600

Dâniel Fraga wrote:

>       I'd love to use Gnash as Richard Stallman suggested some time
> ago, but I simply can't because it doesn't work with the sites I want
> to use. It would be great if the development speed of Gnash could be
> like MPlayer's development. Gnash development still's very slow and
> releases take a long time to appear.

  It would be great if we had a huge team of developers too, but a
handful of people can only go so fast... Seriously, don't expect
miracles unless we suddenly wind up with all the resources we needed.
Till then, we'll just keep plugging along...

  We realize "everyone" wants Gnash to be done already, but at least we
*are* working on a solution. For many of us Gnash is our primary swf
plugin, we know all to well all it's faults. If you want to see Gnash
get more usable faster, donate money, equipment, or talk friends into
becoming Gnash developers.

        - rob -