[Gnash] SOL dumper

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash] SOL dumper
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:42:25 -0700

For those of you that are using the regular swf movie player, you may
have noticed some movies leave .sol files on your disk. As of yesterday,
Gnash also now has support for swf SharedObjects, and will also leave
.sol files if you use cvs HEAD. Anyway, if you ever wondered what was
stored in those .sol file, I just added a "soldumper" utility to Gnash
cvs that dumps the contents of a .sol file.

In searching around the net, I didn't find any decent SOL file dumpers
that weren't win32 only, so I wrote one. This was easy, as all the hard
work is in Gnash's libamf.

Gnash's implementation of .sol files has a setting in the .gnashrc file
called SOLSafeDir. which sets up a single directory for writing or
reading .sol files from. This should keep it from violating anyone's
security.

        - rob -