Re: [Gnash-dev] Enhancement suggestion for GNASH

From: Dimitri Turbiner
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Enhancement suggestion for GNASH
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 04:57:00 -0400

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
Hello Dimitri,

Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 8:59:01 AM, you wrote:
DT>     2) Edit the sourcefile of the fb renderer code in gnash to output to
DT> a different fb file and then cat that file, pipe it through sed to get
DT> rid of whatever you don't want and then pipe into mencoder.
DT>     3) Edit that same fb code to dump to stdout the content of the frame
DT> it just received from the rendering backend (agg, I believe). Again, DT> pipe to mplayer.

Concrete:

- remove all IOCTL calls to /dev/fb0 and instead hard-code "screen
  size" (or use the movie's native size) and pixel format

- remove the mmap() code from FB gui and instead dump the entire frame
  (not just the invalidated part) to whatever file or pipe you want.

Udo

Yes of course, thank you.