Re: [Gnash-dev] Enhancement suggestion for GNASH

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Enhancement suggestion for GNASH
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:41:51 +0100

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 09:46:49AM +0800, dengdd wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> We can get the memory buffers of frame when the Gnash renderering  and
> convert it to other video-file formats.
>
> At present there are some problems when we do it.
>
> 1:some flash movies need interactived. difference interactives show
> difference frames.
>
> 2:video-file we converted without optimization, so it's size maybe big.
>
> 3:How to handle the sound ? the same way as frame buffers?   when need
> sound,  get the sound is memory buffers?

One option is to implement a special renderer and sound_handler and possibily
even a specialized GUI for this kind of things.

Relying on buffers would mean duplicating the code for each
gui/renderer/sound_handler
or binding to a specific one, at which point you can just clone and modify to
encode
rather then output.

--strk;