Re: [Gnash-dev] Enhancement suggestion for GNASH

From: Dimitri Turbiner
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Enhancement suggestion for GNASH
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 03:59:01 -0400

Several solutions, from nice and simple, to hairy...

1) use xwd to grab the contents of the window in which flash is being rendered or of an Xvfb server in which you launched the player (this should make it easier if you want custom resolutions, etc). If your Xserver doesn't redraw a window if there is some other window on top of it, then be sure to enable backing store. pipe the output to xwdtopnm

then pipe that into mplayer or mencoder specifying the right raw image format (widht, height, format, size of the pnm header you should skip, etc). You can grab the audio at the same time specifying the right options.

This approach should work for the macromedia flash plugin running in a firefox window as well.

2) Edit the sourcefile of the fb renderer code in gnash to output to a different fb file and then cat that file, pipe it through sed to get rid of whatever you don't want and then pipe into mencoder.

3) Edit that same fb code to dump to stdout the content of the frame it just received from the rendering backend (agg, I believe). Again, pipe to mplayer.

4) If you're really desperate, just send me the flash files and I'll do it for you in a couple of minutes since I've already got everything setup.

Good luck!

 Dimitri