glue

Re: [Evolution] Re: [discuss] GROUPWARE - what is it, anyways?

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Re: [discuss] GROUPWARE - what is it, anyways?
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 12:11:34 -0800

> The hierarchical relationships will have to be stored on the server.
> You might want to provide developers with operations like "delete this
> branch of tasks from the tree".  etc.  without having to incur multiple
> network calls to delete each child element.

Good point

> I don't see this as an advantage.  Isn't some sort of roadmap useful
> before coding?  Everyone here could be talking about something
> different.

Document/road map first. Yes... but Im also going to start hacking some
tests together to verify that the design will be practicle. I also will
adjust phpGW so that it can be quickly adapted as the first OGS server
implementation. I personally think that documenting by writing code is a
decent way to go. At least after you have the basic concepts documented
first.

> Will Evo support OGS if it intends to produce its own back end
> eventually?  Can someone talk to them and get opinions?

I have no idea at this point. I can only hope

Seek3r