Re: [glob2-devel] New Features galore (ps: someone else has to merge)

From: Nuage
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New Features galore (ps: someone else has to merge)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:22:05 +0200

Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> One question to nct/nuage, is it semantically correct to send the size
> of the map to TeamStats in Game::load? Is there another setMapSize
> function that I should locate the code into? The overlay maps are
> calculated everytime the teams stats are updated (about once every 4
> seconds).

I'm not sure to know what you mean?

You are talking about an argument, which defines the game map size, which is put
or not, into the Game::load() method. Is that it? (I have no such argument for
now, I guess it's into your new code)

If that's so, I don't see any reason not to do it. But, if you want to keep with
the usual design, it would be more consistant to first sent it to Team and then
to TeamStats. If I where to design a new architecture, I would allow direct
access from TeamStats into Map, where the argument is to be found.

I don't understand your second question, maybe you can clarify? The map size
should be stored into Map, and accesses trough any way you decide.