geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Automatic startup/shutdown of REPL processes

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Automatic startup/shutdown of REPL processes
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:32:26 +0100

On 11 April 2013 06:26, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 09 2013, Reuben Thomas wrote:

[...]

> I've also used the bit of code you suggested to auto-run the REPL in
> geiser-mode-hook. Again, unless there's an obvious reason not to, it'd
> be great if that were the default.

I've just pushed a patch that adds a new customization variable,
geiser-mode-start-repl-p, that activates auto-run.  When set to t,
Geiser starts the REPL upon entering geiser-mode if there's no one
active.  However, the flag is off by default, because i think that
starting external processes without user intervention is better done
only if the user asks for it.

Thanks so much, that's brilliant.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org