gdb

Re: No source file named xxxx

From: explodingbadger
Subject: Re: No source file named xxxx
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:19:31 -0700 (PDT)

> I would not rely on strip to tell you this. Try objdump.

> In gdb you should be able to hit tab after entering break and gdb should
> show
> you symbols. You should be able to see file names in the symbols.

> (gdb) break Tes<tab> should also give you completion.

Hi thanks very much for your reply.

Using tab and auto completion it seems that some files are known for example
the debugger 'knows' the source files for a static library I am linking to
but not for Test.cpp. I tested this by setting a break point in the shared
library using
break <filename>:<line number> and it worked but not for Test.cpp.

Looking at the out put for objdump -g I do get a lot of information. It
looks like this:

 <2><b3a7>: Abbrev Number: 29 (DW_TAG_subprogram)
    <b3a8>   DW_AT_external    : 1
    <b3a9>   DW_AT_name        : (indirect string, offset: 0x595d): operator
FixOrdType*
    <b3ad>   DW_AT_decl_file   : 30
    <b3ae>   DW_AT_decl_line   : 313
    <b3b0>   DW_AT_MIPS_linkage_name: (indirect string, offset: 0x4b37):
_ZNK8ZmAtomicIP10FixOrdTypeEcvS1_Ev
    <b3b4>   DW_AT_type        : <0xb4b1>
    <b3b8>   DW_AT_declaration : 1
    <b3b9>   DW_AT_sibling     : <0xb3c4>