gdb

No source file named xxxx

From: explodingbadger
Subject: No source file named xxxx
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 18:07:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi I have a project and although I am able to set break points on functions
Ok I am unable to set break points using  filename:line. For example:

(gdb) break Test.cpp:10
No source file named Test.cpp.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n])

Test.cpp is the file containing main and is in the same directory as the
executable and is the directory where
I am starting gdb.

My project is compiled with:

g++ -g3 -gdwarf-2

I am fairly sure that debug symbols are present in the file because if I use
the strip command to remove the symbols

strip -v -o strip.out Test

strip.out is a lot smaller than Test

Any ideas ?