g-wrap-dev

Re: Ripping out GLib bindings, depending on GLib

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Ripping out GLib bindings, depending on GLib
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:48:18 -0600

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

>> The base-0 revisions are both just the 1.3.4 source with a few minor
>> (arch-related) modifications.
>>
> I hope you branched main--1.4 from main-dev--0...

Yes, exactly.

  tla archive-setup g-wrap--main--1.4
  tla tag g-wrap--main-dev--0--base-0 g-wrap--main--1.4

If that's not right, just let me know.  It'd still be easy to start
over ATM.

>> My current plan is to keep savannah CVS around, but try having it be
>> read-only, and only follow g-wrap--main-dev via sync from the main
>> arch tree -- hence the .cvsignore files in the arch repo.
>>
> I follow the following policy: Make .cvsignore files an exception
> (i.e. allow writes) and keep them out of the arch repo. Having them in
> the arch repo doesn't hurt, though.

Hadn't thought about that.  Guess that would have been fine too,
though I wonder if dir rearrangements might be easier if all mods are
done from arch (w/the .cvsignore files stored there)...

> Hmm, is there even supposed to be a way to upload using rsync/sftp?
> I haven't seen any docs about that.

Yeah, there's some info, including this bit in the admin docs:

  Check the CVS page for detailed instruction. Here are three example
  commands to upload a file in your public download area:

    rsync --rsh=ssh distribution.tar.gz \
      address@hidden:/upload/g-wrapg-wrap
    sftp -1 address@hidden:/g-wrap
    scp distribution.tar.gz address@hidden:/upload/g-wrapg-wrap

but these don't seem to work, and I suppose they might be vestigal.
I've seen several relevant bits of "file section" documentation, but
I'm not sure they were all consistent.  In any case, I'll go back and
re-check the info I was given when savannah came back up.  I had
thought that FTP+GPG was planned, but not available yet, but maybe I'm
misremembering.

In general, am I right in presuming that making the arch repo
publically available, even if only read-only should help a lot,
(i.e. making it possible to generate changesets, etc.), and that
if/when I'm ready to make it read-write, I can do that via various
methods, including tla-pqm (which I'm not familar with yet)?

Thanks
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu