Re: [Fsfe-uk] Grants programme

From: Chris Croughton
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Grants programme
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:37:49 +0000

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 09:15:45AM +0000, Alex Hudson wrote:

> I don't know why it has turned out like this: I guess part of it is that
> the more "important" hardware is stuff like nVidia cards, which we don't
> really have a hope of funding support for (we couldn't afford the
> lawyers for a start :), and for other hardware the market is so diverse
> that we wouldn't make much difference.

Indeed, the sort of cards in which I'd be interested are the audio ones
like the Tascam 822 (TDIF 8 channel) or the MOTU ones (up to 24
channels), but for the number of people who'd be interested it wouldn't
be worthwhile (which is probably why they don't OS their HW/SW in the
first place).  And probably most of those who might be interested in
doing the work already have the hardware.

Chris C